Founded in 1956 in Florence to collect the sporting legacy left by the automotive champion Clemente Biondetti, the Scuderia Biondetti, renamed Firenze Corse - Biondetti, in the seventies, had a long and not always easy history that ended in 1976.
For the sports association, which also made use of branches in Livorno and Borgo San Lorenzo in Mugello, several international drivers raced behind the wheel of prestigious cars, including Ferrari 250 GT SWB, Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2, Porsche 904 and Carrera 6.
At the end of the eighties, on the initiative of a group of Florentine enthusiasts, it was reborn to reach our days.
In the thirty years of the "modern" period, Biondetti has also been appreciated for its role as organizer of motor races and events, such as Coppa della Consuma, la Scarperia-Passo del Giogo, la Firenze-Fiesole and the Circuito Stradale del Mugello.
The book, written by David Tarallo, journalist and historian, traces over half a century of events that have linked the Scuderia to Italian and international motoring, some of which starting from private archives, because the old official archive was lost with the flood of Florence in 1966.
The photos, over 440, are practically all unpublished and even the texts have been elaborated starting from the testimonies of many pilots, journalists and insiders direct witnesses.
A further and important contribution to research on the many realities of Tuscan motoring.
Login or Register to write your review
We generally have one or more copies of this book available: they may be in perfect condition or with some signs of wear, the price may vary depending on the state of conservation.
Please, contact us for information on the state of conservation and the selling price of this product.