The Moto Bolognese project with which the Museo del Patrimonio Industriale di Bologna studied the history of the town’s motorcycle production of the ‘20s- ‘50s is enriched by a new chapter devoted to C.M, a marque that was in production from 1929 until 1959. Authors Enrico Ruffini and Antonio Campigotto reconstruct the production aspects of all C.M models, outlining the protagonists, starting with founder Mario Cavedagna and his technical head, Renato Sceti. Both of them had previously worked at G.D. Their collaborators, like Ditte Drusiani and Laurenti, were listed in a roll of honour in which are recorded the racing successes scored by competing with determination in important events like the Milan-Taranto, Motogiro, 12 Hours of Imola, 6 Giorni Internazionale di Regolarita’, Campionato Juniores e della Montagna with riders who were both famous and others who were less well known. With a highly competent technical management of limited resources and just a few shop floor workers, C.M won its place among the Bolognese marques and was highly thought of nationally. They were able to meet the demands of the market with excellent machines for touring, sports and commercial use. C.M offered models of all engine capacities with all possible variants, but always with adequate constructional criteria, carefully finished and elegance.
24 x 27 x 1 cm